Quick Facts About Nikola Vlasic
|Celebrated Name||Nikola Vlasic|
|Birth Name||Nikola Vlasic|
|Place Of Birth||Split, Croatia|
|Source of Wealth||Football career|
|Net Worth||$1.5 million|
|Salary||£1,456,000 per year|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Current Team||CSKA Moscow|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter|
Croatian professional footballer, Nikola Vlasic plays as an attacking midfielder for Russian Premier League club CSKA Moscow and the Croatia national team. His shirt number is 8. He gained fame for his career playing for top-tier clubs around the world, including for England’s Premier League club Everton beginning in 2017. He was later transferred to Russian Premier League squad CSKA Moscow for the 2018-2019 season. Nikola played in Omladinac Vranjic’s youth academy between 2006-2009 and later debuted professionally for Croatian squad Hajduk Split in 2014. He made his debut for Croatia’s national team in 2017. He assisted the game-winning goal against then-champions Real Madrid during the 2018-2019 UEFA Champions League with CSKA Moscow. Moreover, he was selected in Zlatko Dalic’s 26-man squad for the UEFA Euro 2020 on 17th May 2021, marking Vlasic’s first major tournament appearance.
Croatia take lead over Scotland through Nikola Vlasic goal
Watch Croatia go 1-0 up after Nikola Vlasic’s fine finish after 17 minutes. Croatia has taken the lead against Scotland in the winner-takes-all Euro 2020 Group D fixture. Nikola Vlasic’s low finish past David Marshall in the Scotland goal opened the scoring. Right-back Josip Juranovic swung in a fine back-post cross, where Ivan Perisic towered over Stephen O’Donnell to head down to for the former Everton forward to score his sixth goal for his country. The winner of the fixture will go through to the last 16 as one of the best third-place finishers.
- Being a Croatian professional footballer.
- For playing as an attacking midfielder for Russian Premier League club CSKA Moscow and the Croatia national team.
Where is Nikola Vlasic from?
Nikola Vlasic stepped for the very first into the world on 4th October 1997 in Split, Croatia. He is of Croatian nationality and he belongs to mixed ethnicity as his father hails from Dubrava near Tisno and his mother hails from Jezera on the island of Murter, but she was born and raised in Delnice. His religion is Christian and his race is white. Nikola has celebrated his 23rd birthday as of 2020 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Libra. He was born to the family of former cross-country skier Venera Milin (mother) and athletics coach Josko Vlasic (father), as the younger brother of the world champion high jumper Blanka Vlasic. He has next two siblings named, Marin Vlasic and Luka Vlasic.
How was the Football Career of Nikola Vlasic?
- Nikola Vlasic began his football career by joining the Omladinac Vranjic academy after which he was brought to Hajduk Split, aged 12 where he has formed a potent midfield partnership for the Hajduk U17 team with Andrija Balic in the 2013-2014 season.
- On 17th July 2014, he made his first-team debut in the UEFA Europa League qualifying match and became Hajduk Split’s youngest scorer in international competitions.
- Hajduk announced on 30th June 2016 that Nikola had been appointed vice-captain of the club, with Lovre Kalinic continuing to be the captain. He captained Hajduk for the first time on 14th July, the season-opening fixture; a 2-2 away draw against CSM Politehnica Iași in the second round of the 2016-2017 Europa League qualifying phase.
- Vlasic signed a five-year deal with Premier League club Everton for a fee of around £10 million on 31st August 2017, which is the Hajduk Split record transfer.
- He then scored his first goal for Everton on his debut at Goodison Park on 28th September in a 2-2 draw with Apollon Limassol in the Europa League.
- He was later told that he was not counted on by new coach Marco Silva at the end of the season after making only 19 appearances in all competitions.
- Russian club CSKA Moscow announced on 15th August 2018 that Nikola joined them on loan for the 2018-2019 season where he made his league debut in a 3-0 victory over Arsenal Tula. Whereas he scored both goals for CSKA Moscow in a 2-2 draw with Viktoria Plzen in his Champions League debut on 19th September.
- Later CSKA announced the signing of Vlasic on a five-year contract for an undisclosed fee on 19th June from Everton.
- He won and successfully converted a penalty on 22nd September as well as he scored the only goal in a 1-0 victory over Krylia Sovetov Samara on 24th November.
- On 12th December, he scored the only goal in a 1-0 away victory over Espanyol in the Europa League and finished his second season at the club with 13 goals and seven assists, as CSKA finished fourth in the league.
- Nikola sparked interest from Napoli, Atalanta, and Zenit Saint Petersburg at the beginning of the 2020-2021 season; however, CSKA refused to sell the player.
- He scored CSKA’s only goal in the 2-1 defeat, in his first game of the season, against ruling champions Zenit on 19th August.
- He scored in another Main Moscow derby as CSKA defeated Spartak 3-1 on 13th September and was named Russian Premier League, Russian Football Union, and Sport-Express Footballer of the Year on 21st December. He won 251 points, 138 ahead of second-placed Aleksei Miranchuk.
- Nikola made his debut for the Croatia U16 at the age of 14, playing regularly with older teammates at U17 and U18 levels as well, and made his debut for the senior team in a friendly match against Mexico after being named in the starting line-up on 28th May 2017.
- He provided Andrej Kramaric with an assist in a UEFA Nations League match against England for a 0-1 lead on 18th November 2018, in which Croatia eventually lost 2-1.
- He was later named in Croatia’s squad for UEFA Under-21 Euro 2019 whereas he also scored in a 4-1 defeat to Romania and a 3-3 draw with England, on 18th and 24th June respectively
- He scored his first goal for the senior squad in a Euro 2020 qualifying match against Slovakia for a 0-1 lead on 6th September 2019.
- Nikola scored the equalizer against Slovakia at home, leading to Croatia’s 3-1 victory and qualification for the tournament on 16th November. However, in March 2020, the tournament was postponed for a year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- As well, he scored the opener in a 2-1 UEFA Nations League victory over Sweden at Stadion Maksimiron on 11th October 2020 and followed it up three days later with a goal in a 2-1 loss to reigning world champions France at the same location.
- Vlasic was selected in Zlatko Dalic’s 26-man squad for the UEFA Euro 2020, marking Vlasic’s first major tournament appearance on 17th May 2021. He was named the Star of the Match on 22nd June in the 3-1 victory over Scotland which qualified Croatia for the Round of 16 after scoring the opening goal.
- On 22nd June 2021, Nikola played against Scotland for UEFA Euro 2020.
- CSKA Moscow on 01/07/2019 for 15.7M €
- Everton on 30/06/2019 at the end of the loan
- CSKA Moscow on 15/08/2018 for loan
- Everton on 31/08/2017 for 7.5M €
- HNK Hajduk Split on 01/07/2014 From Hajduk U17
Awards and Achievements
- Russian Premier League Player of the Month: September 2018, December 2018, July 2020
- Sport-Express, Russian Football Union, and Russian Premier League Footballer of the Year: 2020
Who is Nikola Vlasic Married to?
Married footballer, Nikola Vlasic tied the knot with his long-time girlfriend Ana in St. Lawrence’s Church in Split on 22nd May 2021. They both seem extremely happy in their domestic life. She’s supportive of him and the profession that he is in. Concerning Nikola’s sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Nikola Vlasic Salary?
Nikola Vlasic is a versatile footballer who has a net worth of $1.5 million as of 2021. His market value is around €30 million as of May 2021 which is also his highest market value as of December 2020. He also earns a fine amount of salary which is around £1,456,000 per year. He has not any endorsement work yet. In addition, his major source of income is his football career.
How tall is Nikola Vlasic?
Standing at an ideal height of 1.78 m, Nikola Vlasic’s body weighs around 72 kg. He has good-looking brown hair and dark brown eyes color. His ethnic background is probably one of the reasons for his bold and extremely attractive personality. Nikola is athletic by body build.
Did You Know?
- Nikola and Igor Akinfeev have played as teammates for CSKA Moscow.
- He made his debut for Croatia’s national team in 2017.
- He played in Omladinac Vranjic’s youth academy between 2006-2009
- His future football career was viewed as his father’s “project”, who started training him personally ever since he was four years old.
- On 22nd June 2021, Nikola played against Scotland for UEFA Euro 2020.